Saturday 28 October 2017

Penny Black - Christmas Everyday



Hi Everyone

I created these three cards using the Penny Black Christmas Everyday (30-081) stamp set.  It's a oldie but a goodie stamp set and I thought I'd give it a bit of a re-boot.

I kept the colour scheme for the cards consistent through the set using Bazzill Pomegranate, Guacamole, Jacaranda and Creampuff.


The first card is the Teddy with the Tree.  On the Guacamole card, I stamped Stampers Anonymous Doodle Greetings #2 (CMS286) using an Archival Jet Black ink pad.  I coloured the tree at the top of the image with a Wink of Stella pen.

For the bear, I blended around the edge with a Tumbled Glass Distress Ink pad and stamped the bear using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. 

I stamped a second bear so that he could sit up a little on the image.  I just glued it on top, not mounted, but it adds dimension to the image. 

I coloured the image with G21, G24, G28, E50, E31, E35, E37, R05, R27, R39 and Y15.  After mounting the image on the card, I added the beads which I applied with Enamel Accents Lemon Twist, Electric Lime and Caribbean Coast.  When applying the Enamel Accents, I applied the Lemon Twist first, allowed it to dry a little, added the Electric Lime, allowed it to dry followed by the Caribbean Coast.  It doesn't have to be completely dry, but give it 10 minutes and you'll be right.  (you should have seen the first card I made or should I say the first mess I made).

On the second card, I stamped Darkroom Doors Christmas Script (DDBS046) stamped with an Archival Olive ink pad.  The Scallop Circle was cut from Bazzill Creampuff and the circle from Pomegranate.  On the Colour Copy paper, I stamped the Bear and blended around the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad. 

I coloured the image with Copic Markers R05, R27, R39, BG01, BG05, BG09, Y11, Y15, Y17, E50, E31, E35, E37, G21, G24, G28, E40 and E43.  I stamped an extra bear and present and adhered it on top of the main image for extra dimension.

The words 'Santa Claus is coming to town' is from Darkroom Door's Christmas Woodblock (DDWB006) which I cut out of the stamped image.














The last card is the Teddy pulling his sleigh of toys.

In the background, I stamped the trees from Stampers Anonymous - Tree Line stamp set (CMS244) in an Archival Olive ink pad.

The bear and slight were stamped on another piece of paper and coloured using the same Copic Markers as above.  I cut out these images and adhere them to the main card. 

The words 'Joy to the World' are from the Darkroom Door Christmas Wordblock stamp (DDWB006). After the card was finished, I added Clear Stickles to the fur on the bears jacket and hat.

Happy Stamping
Michelle & Robyn












No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10